Monday, May 8, 2017

NEEDTOBREAHTE | A gift of divine appointments

God never ceases to amaze me.

As Purity + Peace grows by God's hand day-by-day, moment-by-moment, I find myself being lead to new places, faces and interactions.

Back in February, I received an email from one of my Instagram followers; an unexpected hello from a stranger who read my blog and was touched by our women's group ministry. That's totally cool because we don't always know who is reading and being touched by what we post  on the almighty internet. Her note was nice and we left it at: "we should meet up sometime."

Many times, that invitation never gets follow through, so I was taken back when she messaged me again last week and asked if I would want to join her and some ladies from a local church to the NEEDTOBREATHE concert at Foxwoods. I'm a free spirit, so my initial response was: "OF COURSE!" As I've mentioned in the past, my husband is a lot more sane. [thank God for him] He asked that I meet her sometime before the concert instead of having some stranger come scoop me up and he never sees me again.

That's fair I guess.

So I met up with Melanie last week at our local Panera, and let me just say, she is fabulous! Her story, just like so many women's stories I hear while I sit with them in local coffee shops, resonated with my own and I loved hearing how God totally wrecked her life with truth and is building her up into this new creation; beautiful, lovely, whole.

Last night she shared a huge gift with me, a concert with an amazing group: NEEDTOBREATHE. I have heard a few of their songs before, but I didn't know what to expect, and they blew me away. Here's a clip from last night:




I needed that! Last week was a rough week! In fact, these past few months have been really rough. Not externally, but internally. I entered 2017 on a high. 2016 was such a great year for me, and you know how the seasons shift and tilt. In no means is this year a bad one, but it's coming with new struggles that I feel I am failing to battle [because I'm hard on myself - I'm sure you can relate] along with a season of waiting that I'm not so excited about.

Such is life!

But last night was a heavenly kiss on my forehead. The Lord knows us deeply. He knows the very things we need to boost us and to keep pushing us forward. A concert and girl time was exactly what I needed. I am God's child. He will always take care of me, even when I feel like I have totally dropped the ball.

It reminded me of this verse:
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. Psalm 37:25
A big thank you to Melanie and her friends, my husband, and my God for allowing me such a fantastic experience. Life is full of joy! Let us focus on all of the many blessings we are surrounded with. We have so much to be thankful for!




My prayer for you is that you may be able to use your gifts relentlessly for the kingdom of God and as you bless others, others will in turn bless you abundantly.

This is the body of Christ. We are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment