Monday, March 30, 2015

God is Faithful | Poetic Vows

I have been following the Passion for Christ Movement (P4CM) since Justin Cox was the pastor and before he respectfully stepped down (another blog for another day. I still love this man of God).  

From the urban vibe ... to the "Ex" T-Shirt movement, what I loved the most from this ministry is their talented poetic community called RHETORIC. 

Back in 2011, poet Janette...ikz shared a powerful spoken word entitled, "I will wait for you," at P4CM's Lyricist Lounge 4 on waiting for the right man God had for her. 

Check it out:




She is too cool ...

I so loved this poem because at the time, I, too, was ...waiting. 

Recently, I saw Janette...ikz on my YouTube feed, wearing a white dress and a luscious fro and I immediately knew that it was a video of her wedding. In fact, this poetic genius eloquently, in that chill urban flare she's always brought to the podium, poured her heart and soul out in her wedding vows to her now husband Matt.

You can check that out here: 




Since then, her wedding vows have gone viral; all over my Facebook feed and even my mother sent me the video in a private message. (Go Gloria! Are you trying to tell me something?)

What makes this special is that I can related to so much she has said in these vows. I, too, was hurt that I couldn't see past it. I too, waited and waited, journaled and yes, even wrote poetry as I journeyed through a single life.

... and I, too, am getting married!

I watched this in awe, not just at how transparent this woman of God was in her vows, but in following her journey I see the faithfulness of God in her life and in mine. And that leave me in awe.

Awe of God's faithfulness.
Awe of His promises fulfilled.
Awe of His unstoppable love for me.

There is so much to be left in awe of, but really, why am I shocked? God is in the business of turning things around every day.

And who knew that in that first video, Janette's husband was sitting somewhere in the audience ... listening. (Yes I went back to scope the audience. No, I can't find him, can you?) That's even more awesome!

No matter what part of the journey you are currently in, know God is in the business of leaving you in awe. I don't know how He's going to do it, but the key is fighting through it. If we allow our fears and perceptions to control us, we may never see our blessing. We must work through our hurts and fears to find freedom. 

And sometimes that means going on a date with someone you wouldn't normally date. TAKE A LEAP!


P.S. Here's a video update!


No comments:

Post a Comment