Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Proverbs 31 Statement (Challenge)

Proverbs 18:21 — Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.


What comes out of our mouths has an affect on our lives. How many times have we cursed ourselves by saying things out of anger or by an emotional reaction?

In continuation with our anxiety and depression series, I want to present a daily exercise to you to help you on your journey to recovery. Speak life! If you are struggling with anxiety, anxious thoughts, negative thinking, it is most likely because you have conditioned your mind to think negatively. Your thought pattern is to think the worst. You probably are more prone to knock things down before even trying. You have lots of self doubt. You lack faith.

If this is you, no worries! Everyone is guilty of thinking the worst at one point or another. The secret is to do it as little as possible and to replace negative thoughts and actions with positive ones. This battle begins in your mind and in your words.

This month, start speaking positively. We are going to begin doing that by speaking the Proverbs 31 verse over our lives. (This is specifically for woman, but guys --- if you find a verse in the Word that speak to you, speak it over your life in the first person)


Proverbs 31 Statement:
  • I am a good woman 
  • I am worth far more than diamonds, I am more precious than rubies
  • My husband trusts me without reserve or hesitation and never has reason to regret it
  • I enrich my husband's life; I bring him good
  • I am never spiteful and I treat my husband generously, and I will all of my life
  • I shop around for the best things for my family
  • I enjoy knitting and sewing (replace with the hobbies you enjoy)
  • I am like a trading ship that sails to faraway places and brings back exotic surprises
  • I am up before dawn preparing breakfast for my family and organizing my day
  • I look over a field and I buy it then, I plant a garden and vineyard with money I put aside
  • I dress for work first thing in the morning, roll my sleeves up, eager to get started
  • I know the worth of my work and I'm in no hurry to call it quits for the day
  • I am skilled in domestic crafts, a diligent homemaker
  • I am quick to assist anyone in need, I reach out to the poor
  • I don't worry about my family when it snows because (or in cold times) because I have mended their winter clothes and they are ready to wear
  • I make my own clothing and dress in colorful materials and silks
  • My husband is greatly respected when he deliberates with the city men and fathers
  • I design gowns and sell them, I bring sweaters I knit to the dress shops
  • My clothes are well-made and elegant
  • I always face tomorrow with a smile
  • I laugh without fear of the future
  • When I speak, I have something worthwhile to say, and I always speak kindly
  • My words are wise 
  • I keep an eye on everyone in my household and keep them busy and productive — they do not suffer from laziness
  • My children respect and bless me and my husband praises me with his words
  • Many woman have done many wonderful things, but I have outclassed them all
  • I am a woman who lives in the Fear of God and I am to be admired and praised
  • I will  be rewarded for all the good I have done
  •  My deeds will publicly declare my praise

Say this daily, even if you do not feel like it. This is not about feeling ... yet. The feelings will come as you do this faithfully. This takes vigilance. You are reprogramming your mind (do you recall the verse, do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind?) The renewing of your mind begins when the Holy Spirit seals you when you give your ilfe to Christ. This mighty counselor is the one who brings conviction to our lives when we sin and gives us guidance through our thoughts and by sending other Godly people to our lives to give us good counsel.

The renewing of your mind, nevertheless, is a process. It is something that we are to work at because thought patterns are habitual. We are creatures of habits and in order to break a habit, we must not do it any longer. They say that it takes 21 days to create a habit. Let's see if we can start breaking old habits and creating healthier ones by starting with this simple challenge. 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment