Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023: The Year of Jubilee

In 2023, Purity + Peace is on Sabattical. It is a year of Jubilee and the Lord has called us to rest.

Discover more about our sabbatical year here: It's break time

_____________________________________________________

 P + P  W O R K B O O K: 

Purchase the P+P workbook here

 P + M  W O R K B O O K: 

Purchase the P+M workbook here

P U R E / / M E D I A:

The Pure Love Podcast

P+P Healing Blog

_______________

We look forward to what God will do through our rest. A few things we encourage you to do in rest:

  • Continue to put God first in all things
  • Find small (Biblical) groups in your community to connect with
  • Go to therapy 
  • Stay connected to a local church community
  • Continually check in with your accountability partner
  • Use your gift to bless others
  • Be okay with being still

______________

RESTING IN PURPOSE

By Victoria Rosa-Garcia, Founder of PLH

It's been six years since this journey began. Our church started rolling out the small group model, a framework that enables a large church congregation to provide relational intimacy with other church members by splitting us into focus groups categorized by theme/interests/topics/location.


I never wanted to be a small group leader. I entered Cornerstone Christian Center in Milford, CT in the Fall of 2013. I was looking for a nice big church where I could hide in the back and not be noticed. That strategy worked for a good while.

Isn't it funny how we like to hide when we are hurt?

So I hid. I hid my past accomplishments and gifts, and kept things very surface-level, until of course, I joined a small group. My first small group was led by sister Judy. She lived only a few blocks from me. Our first roll-out of small groups was done by location, so we were split up into a group closest to our homes. It was perfect and exactly what I needed. That group allowed me to be transparent and they loved me back to life. I also attended a pre-marital class with my husband, a 6-week study led by Pastor Alfred Watts, and that group course allowed me to shed even more layers of hurt.
Read more here...

No comments:

Post a Comment